Dear Members and Guests,
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation sadly remains with us, we wanted to reassure you that, as always, your health and wellbeing are of the upmost importance to us and that we are taking the risk of this virus very seriously. We have therefore taken stock of our operations to have in place the procedures necessary to avoid any possible issues and to comply with the “Clean and safe” programme initiative from Portugal Turismo.
Our goals being:
• To fulfil as far as possible the service to our members and guests.
• To mitigate as far as possible the health risks for all members, guests and employees and for the community.
To this end, we have the following in place to minimise the risk to our members, guests and staff alike, with emphasis on
• Taking sensible and appropriate preventative measures with personal hygiene.
• Providing full guidance and advice for proper working practices when dealing with issues related to COVID-19 following government guidelines as they develop and the “Clean and Safe” programme initiative from Portugal Turismo.
• Insisting that any staff members who might feel in anyway unwell stay at home and contact the health authorities to ensure that they have nothing in any way related to COVID-19, before they return to work.
• Asking our staff members to avoid any unnecessary travel and to minimise, as far as possible, contact with others.
• Avoiding meetings or gatherings in numbers.
• Avoiding direct contact with handshaking or greeting kisses.
• Compliance with quarantine protocol instructions, if and when necessary; using the measures and procedures that are in place.
Operationally FSCC has adopted the following measures in the best interests of our members, guests and staff and which it is hoped will be understood by all. These are subject to change, particularly in light of the phased lifting of restrictions and the requirements of the “Clean and Safe” programme.
• All but the most essential meetings have been suspended. Meetings with any outside agency are conducted using video conferencing whenever possible.
• Exercise classes are limited and respect current regulations and social distancing.
• Gymnasium is open with restrictions in place
• Squash courts are open with restrictions
• Tennis courts at the club are open with restrictions
• Steam rooms are closed.
• Changing Rooms open with restrictions in place.
• Outdoor and indoor swimming pools are open with restrictions in place.
• Whirlpool bath (Jacuzzi) is closed
• Live music events in the bar and restaurant have resumed with restrictions in place.(only on Sunday, Wednesday & Friday)
• Hand sanitizer is available at various points around the club.
• All credit/debit card machines are wiped down and sanitized after each use.
• Particular attention is given to all cleaning operations in all areas.
• Thorough cleaning of all public areas takes place at regular intervals throughout the day.
• Information will be given to all members and guests on check-in.